RSS

Breakfast for Dinner

Do you ever crave breakfast instead of dinner? I do. When I was a teen, we would go out till 4: am and always stop by Denny’s before the night was over. We would either go there because we were trying to sober up before getting home, or we didn’t want the night to end, or we were starving after a long night of partying. I remember I always ordered breakfast no matter what time of the day it was.
Last week my husband was out of town on a business trip, he was arriving on Friday night. I wanted to surprise him with a candle light dinner, but my taste buds were really craving breakfast. I had a feeling that I should ask him if he wanted to eat pancakes for dinner before I make them.

So, I called him…

Me: “Babe, I have a great idea for dinner. I’m going to make you White Chocolate Coconut Pancakes for dinner. Would you like that?

Javier: What! Are you crazy, pancakes for dinner? No, I want to eat real food.

Me: oooook, I’ll make turkey burgers instead.

Javier: I know you’ve wanted to make those pancakes for a while, why don’t you make them for breakfast in the weekend.

Me: Yey, ok I will.
(I posted a picture of the pancakes in yesterday’s post)

I know you might think I’m silly if I told you that I still haven’t adjusted to the hour change. The thing is that I wake up at 4:10am Monday-Friday so I can go to the gym before work. Yesterday I woke up at 4:10am in which it really felt like 3:10am. By 1:00pm I was literally dying at work, I had to use tape so I can keep my eyes open. LOL But once I got home my energy switched turned on and I felt that I had all the energy in the world. The Bigstew came to pick me up and we headed out to the gym to do abs and cardio. I was starving by the time I got home and too lazy to marinate chicken, chop vegetables, etc. So I made myself Breakfast for Dinner…FINALLY!

Turkey & Tomato Scrambled Eggs a la Valeria
with a side of Soy Toast spread with peanut butter


Ingredients:
5 egg whites
1 egg
3 slices of low sodium turkey (chopped)
2 slices of tomatoes (diced)
A dash of black pepper
1 tsp of Olive Oil

Directions:
Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil. Add the turkey and the dash of black pepper. Cook for 1 minute and then add all the eggs. Scramble until the eggs are fully cook and then toss in the diced tomatoes.

Thanks for dropping by!
 xoxo,

7 comments:

Shionge said...

Where did you get that motivation to get up so early in the morning? I wanna know.....give me some inspiration Val :D

Anonymous said...

I love breakfast for dinner!

Valeria said...

Shionge...i've been a swimmer my whole life and getting up in the morning is really easy for me...I'm programed this way, i'm not sure if i can call it motivation! LOL

Wicke Cats: I LOVE BREAKFAST for DINNER tooo!

Ileana said...

Sometimes I make egg w/ the hole around 4ish. It's where you could a hole (using the top of a wine glass) in a slice of bread, put butter in the pan and put the "holey" bread inside. After a min. you crack an egg and fry it in the middle of the hole (turning once of course). The circle from the bread is also added to the pan with a little more butter to brown it. Delicious! The kids love it!

Anyway, your recipe for the coconut pancakes sound awesome! I'll have to try it...in the morning! lol

Ileana said...

PS - That should've read "cut" a hole, not could. Damn, I'm still tired from the time change! :/

Valeria said...

Ily my best friend Jessica use to make the holey toast and I always thought she was talented! I'm going to make them for my first time and i'll blog about them! lol

Holland said...

Me and Hitman used to have breakfast (sometimes) at Denny's at night. And once in a while I make a hearty British Breakfast in the evening (toast, eggs, black pudding, bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, etc...yeap the works...lol)

Post a Comment