RSS

A Night with the “Bigstew”

My guy best friend Alex also known as The Bigstew came to pick me up to go to the gym last night. I was excited because I had turkey burgers marinating in the fridge so we can have a nice dinner when we were done. We worked out LEGS together. It’s always a pleasure to workout with The Bigstew, he is super knowledgeable, hard worker, fun to be around with and last but not least he pushes me to my limits. I got in his face a couple of times last night and pushed him as hard as he pushed me. After a long two hour workout I was pooped and very light headed, but couldn’t wait to get home to cook my turkey burgers. I put my skillet on med/high heat in order to get the pan hot. I forgot to turn down the heat after I put the burgers in. Suddenly, after a few minutes I couldn’t even see Alex’s face because of all the smoke. I thought my house was on fire. But no…it was the burgers. Of course Alex gave me crap about it, but as usual he will eat anything which I think it is awesome. At least he still thought they were yummy. He called up his mom aka Martha and told her what happened, she is a trip and we are very much a like. LOL I hope some day when I have kids, my kids grow up to eat anything and everything.

Turkey Burgers a la Valeria

Ingredients
¾ a green pepper (diced)
¾ a yellow pepper (diced)
1 red onion (Chopped)
2 packages of Jennie O extra lean ground turkey
2 tbs of worchestire sauce
½ cup of Oatmeal (quick oats)
1 egg
3 tbs of yellow Dijon mustard
A dash of balsamic vinegar
Black pepper
Olive Oil

Directions
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Shape each patty into a 3/4 inch thick. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with Olive Oil over medium high heat until hot. Add patties. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. ENJOY!


Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.

My first round of Turkey Burgers :(
They were still tasty
Round 2 turned out to be a lot better
Wala aka voila
Thanks for dropping by!

 xoxo,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh noes!

Valeria said...

LOL...I haven't burn food in a really long time!

Ileana said...

Wow! Look at those tasty burgers! lol

The recipe sounds great though. I never would've thought of putting oatmeal in the mix!

Holland said...

I agree with Ily... oatmeal in a burger? Does it make the burned ones extra crispy? (I know, I know...not funny...lol)

Shionge said...

testing

Shionge said...

Viola!!!! Hipppeee I can comment now pal and I'm so happy.

Ok, if you cook anything for me I'll eat anything hehehehhe..

From far it looks like Alex is having oreo pattie :D

Paul Nichols said...

Hi. We eat a lot of turkey dinners, one way or another. This is a good way. You're an inspiration. See, I read this post on Sunday afternoon. Sunday evening I made a potato salad with most of your ingredients (cuz that's what was in the refrigerator). Then I added the diced turkey. It's good. Real good! Want some? Try it.

It looks like you'll be sending your art book to me. Looking forward to Ily's project.

Valeria said...

ILY: LOL

Holland:I tend to cook low on oil so i think that was my problem the burgers were sticking too much to the pan

Shioge: yey your back...i was wondering where you were! I'll cook for you nayday!

PAUL: I'm glad i was able to contribute to your cooking! I can't wait to send you my sketchbook! LOL beware...LOL

Post a Comment