RSS

Cooking a la Valeria

Finally I’m getting back to the routine of cooking. My cooking might bore you, but I enjoy it. It’s easy, fast and super healthy. I primarily cook chicken, steak, or ground turkey. I always marinate all my protein with red onions and green or red peppers (basically any pepper). I try to always cook enough for 3 days, so we can take food to work and to not have to cook every night. I create all my meals based on what vegetables I have in the fridge. I don’t follow any recipes I create my own; I never cook on high heat because it ruins your cooking pans. Here is last nights chicken :)

Basic Chicken a la Valeria

Ingredients:

1 ½ lbs of chicken breast (diced)
1/2 Red Pepper (chopped)
1/2 Yellow Pepper (chopped)
1/4 of a red onion chopped
3 tbs yellow Dijon mustard
1 tbs of Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Black pepper
Cumin

Directions:
In a large bowl add all the ingredients except the olive oil. Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
(for a richer taste let it marinate over night in the fridge covered with plastic wrap or in a ziplock bag)

Let your large pan heat up over medium heat; once it’s reached a hot temperature add the olive oil. Add the marinated chicken and cover with a lid. Mix every 3-4 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and it's nice and tender.

Tip: You can serve my chicken with a ½cup of brown rice, or couscous, or even make a nice mixed salad. You can make a wrap; I sometimes mix my chicken with egg whites in the morning.

Enjoy!

Thanks for dropping by!

 xoxo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment